this egg in a basket recipe. It immediately inspired me to bake the "nests" or baskets to make chaat. It turned out to be an instant hit for our Father's Day celebration. Gudiya helped me by clipping the mint for the chutney. It was her contribution for the Father's Day party.
American Desi Basket Chaat
1 bag frozen shredded potatoes/hash - thawed in the fridge
1 recipe Tamarind Date Chutney
1 recipe Green Chutney
1 recipe Red Garlic Chutney
1 recipe sweetened yogurt
1 cup boiled garbanzo beans
1 cup nylon/thin sev
1/3 cup minced red onion
2 tbsp. minced green mango (optional)
2 tbsp. minced cilantro
A generous pinch of chaat masala per serving
1. Thaw the frozen shredded potatoes in the fridge.
2. Preheat oven 400F
3. Spray muffin tray with cooking spray such as Pam.
4. Place about1/4 cup shredded potatoes and mold it at the bottom and around each muffin cup. Spray some more cooking spray over the potatoes.
8. Garnish with cilantro and chaat masala.
9. Serve immediately.
1. Sweetened yogurt is prepared by whisking plain yogurt with salt and sugar to taste.
2. Do thaw the frozen shredded potatoes till they are pliable to give the shape of the muffin cup. Frozen shredded potatoes are as hard as sticks.