Friday, May 23, 2014
Gudiya was raving about oven baked potato wedges that are served in her school cafeteria. So I created my version with Tandoori twist. I didn't use readymade Tandoori masala so it doesn't look as "bright yellow orange" since it has not edible color. I used turmeric powder instead, hoping it's better for health than food color.
Tandoori Potato Wedges
Roasted Potato Wedges - Tandoori Style
4 medium Idaho potatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
2 tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp paprika or Kashmiri chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
A generous pinch of chaat masala
Few dried mint leaves, crushed
0. Preheat oven 400F
1. Whisk all the ingredients for the marinade.
2. Rub it over the potato wedges.
3. Spread in a single layer on a baking pan. Spray some oil over the baking pan before spreading the wedges.
4. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
5. Turn with a spatula once, making sure that they are not sticking to the bottom of the pan.
6. Bake more if needed.
7. Garnish with crushed dried mint leaves and chaat masala.
1. The potatoes are not peeled.