Ravishing radishes are seen everywhere since it's spring time. I decided to include them in the oothapams or uttappa.
1 bunch red radishes, top removed, minced
1 spring onion, minced
1 green chili, minced (optional)
1 recipe idli batter
Oil for cooking
1. Heat a tawa/pan/griddle.
2. Grease as needed.
3. Pour a spoonful of idli batter.
4. Sprinkle minced radish, spring onions and chili - if using.
5. Cover and let it cook.
6. Flip and cook quickly on the other side.
7. Serve with chutney of your choice.
1. You may need to add water to idli batter. Do not add too much water. These pancakes need to be thick.
2. I used my mini pancakes pan to make mini oothapams.