The recipe is pretty much similar to the Kharwas with sugar, but saffron is not needed and more jaggery may be required compared to sugar. But adjust that proportion based on your own preference.
Some people even add a pinch of black pepper powder - probably to balance the sweetness. Since my mom or grandmothers don't add it, I decided not to use it.
Milk & Jaggery Pudding
1 packet Kamdhenu brand Junnu powder
3/4 - 1 cup jaggery or per taste
2 cups milk (preferably whole milk or 2% milk)
3-4 green cardamoms, peeled and crushed
1. Mix milk, jaggery and junnu powder so there are no lumps.
2. Stir in cardamom powder. Mix well.
3. Pour enough water in the pressure cooker. Let the pudding steam for about 15-20 minutes. Do not use weight.
4. Chill in the refrigerator.
5. Cut into diamonds or squares or wedges.
1. I used Kamdhenu brand Junnu powder.
2. Do not use saffron. Let jaggery give that beautiful amber color to the pudding.