This was a part of my kitchen experiment. I wanted to add more fiber to our daily breakfast.
1/2 cup green moong daal with skin
1/2 cup urad daal
1 1/2 cups brown rice
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
salt to taste
Oil for greasing
1. Soak daals, rice & fenugreek seeds adding adequate water.
2. Drain and grind to smooth paste.
3. Add salt and set for fermenting.
4. Grease idli moulds.
5. Pour a ladleful of batter and steam like regular idlies.
6. Serve with chutney of your choice.
1. If batter does not get fermented due to cold weather, add a pinch of baking soda just before steaming.