This is a delicious starter from Goa. You can serve this grilled/baked chicken tenders along with salad for dinner or just serve it with onion rings and lemon wedges as a part of a big meal.
Baked/Grilled Chicken from Goa
1 lb chicken tenders
Grind to a fine paste
1 cup cilantro
3-4 sprigs of mint
3-4 green chilies (or per desired heat)
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1" ginger, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp clove powder
1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
Freshly crushed black peppercorn
salt to taste
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1. Rinse and cut chicken tenders in a bite sized pieces.
2. Grind cilantro with all the remaining spices to a fine paste.
3. Marinate chicken with green masala paste in a refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
4. Preheat oven 350 F
5. Grease a baking tray with cooking spray like Pam.
6. Arrange the chicken tenders in a single layer.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning the tenders once - making sure that they are cooked through.
8. Serve with salad or onion rings and lemon wedges.
1. Do not add water while grinding the green masala paste.
2. Instead of baking, you can also add oil to a tawa/griddle and sauté marinated chicken pieces till they are cooked.