Every now and then, I get inspired by "French Women Don't Get Fat" book and I buy Leeks, and every single time, I make my own version of Leeks. ;-)
2 Leeks, rinsed thoroughly, finely chopped
8 cups water
1/2 slab of tofu, diced
salt to taste
Crushed black pepper
1 tsp Olive oil
2-3 drops of toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
1. Heat oil in a big saucepan.
2. Saute ginger-garlic paste for 2 minutes.
3. Add chopped leeks. Saute till they are wilted.
5. Add salt and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add tofu chunks and let it boil for 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot soup, sprinkled with freshly crushed black pepper.
1. Rinse leeks thoroughly as it is full of dirt. I like to take apart each leaf and wash it.
2. Do not use any tough green part of the leeks.