Soybean chi Aamti
1 cup dry soy beans, soaked overnight, drained
1 medium potato, chopped
1 tsp jaggery or to taste
salt to taste
1 tbsp. goda masala
1 tsp paprika or mild chili powder
2 kokums, rinsed
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp asafetida
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 small onion, chopped
2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
1. Pressure cook soybeans along with potato chunks.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan.
3. Add the ingredients for tempering. Sauté till onion is soft.
4. Add tomato, goda masala and paprika.
5. Add cooked soybeans along with cooking liquid.
6. Add kokums, jaggery, salt. Adjust for water.
7. Bring to boil.
8. Let it simmer for 10-12 minutes on low flame.
9. Garnish with cilantro.
1. If you are using fresh edamame, you don't need to pressure cook.