Monday, April 7, 2014
This is what I do with any leftover Palak Paneer. It gets transformed into delicious paratha., which makes an awesome wrap.
Palak Paneer Paratha
1 recipe Palak Paneer or Saag Paneer
Wheat flour as needed
salt as needed
Rice or wheat flour for dredging
oil for roasting
1. Discard any whole spices from the leftover palak paneer.
2. Grind to a smooth paste using a blender, without adding any water.
3. Take it out in a plate or paraat. Add some salt.
4. Add as much wheat flour as needed to knead a soft dough.
5. Add spoonful of oil and knead again.
6. Make uniform balls.
7. Roll into a thin disc of desired diameter, using flour for dredging.
8. Roast on a hot griddle, using oil as necessary, till brown spots appear on both sides. Sometimes I roast right on the flame, fulka style to avoid any oil.
1. Though leftover palak paneer already has salt, the paratha needs more salt as wheat flour is added. Adjust according to taste.
2. Serve it as an accompaniment with the meal or use it as a wrap.