Sunday, April 27, 2014
Since this soup has veggies, shrimp and even noodles (or angel hair pasta), it becomes a perfect one pot meal on a chilly wintery night.
Shrimp and Vegetables soup
1 cup shrimp
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Freshly ground black pepper
Grind to a fine paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 1/2" ginger, peeled & roughly chopped
3 tbsp. raw almonds
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp all spice powder
1 tbsp. sesame oil
You will also need,
Salt to taste
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 cup thin rice noodles or angel hair pasta
3 cups frozen Stir Fry vegetables
1/2 cup reduced fat coconut milk
Few drops of toasted sesame oil
1. Marinate shrimp with salt, turmeric powder and black pepper
2. Grind spices with almonds to a fine paste.
3. Heat sesame oil. Sauté the paste for about 4-5 minutes.
4. Add 4-5 cups water.
5. Add salt to taste, brown sugar and black pepper powder.
6. Cook angel hair pasta or thin rice noodles according to the package instructions.
7. Add marinated shrimp and veggies to the boiling stock.
8. Add cooked pasta/noodles to the pot. Add coconut milk.
9. As the soup is boiling, drizzle few drops of toasted sesame oil.
10. Garnish with cilantro if using.
11. Serve with lemon wedges on side.
1. Omit shrimp to make a perfectly vegetarian/vegan soup.
2. I use frozen stir fry vegetables, without thawing them first.