I have already blogged about Parsi scrambled egg - microwave way. Today, I am sharing a little elaborate method.
Scrambled Eggs Parsi style
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1 small onion, chopped finely
1 small potato, peeled & chopped finely
1 small tomato, chopped finely
2-3 green chilies, minced (adjust per desired heat)
2 tbsp. minced cilantro
salt to taste
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1. Heat butter in a saucepan or deep tawa/pan.
2. Add cumin seeds. As they splutter, add onion, potatoes and green chilies.
3. Sauté for few minutes and place a lid. Let it cook on low flame.
5. Once, potatoes are cooked, add tomatoes and cilantro. Add salt. [Remember salt is also added in eggs, so adjust accordingly]
6. When tomatoes are wilted, add egg mixture.
8. Serve with buttered toast, tomato ketchup & crispy shoestring potato sticks for a traditional Parsi touch.
1. You can make your own variation by adding ginger-garlic paste, garam masala etc.
2. Sometimes, Parsis even add dried Bombils/Bombay Ducks. While I personally don't like that flavor, for that authenticity, Anchovies can be added in tempering just like Italians do.