Sometimes, this simple pleasure of deep fried pakodas/bhuji on a rainy/wintery day is so worth it!;-)
4 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup minced cilantro
2-3 green chilies, minced (adjust according to the desired heat)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp asafetida
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp owa/ajwain/ajmo
A pinch of baking soda
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 1/4 cup besan
salt as needed
Oil for deep frying
1. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt on the grated zucchini.
2. Set aside for 1/2 hour.
3. Squeeze out any extra moisture.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients except oil. Adjust for salt.
6. When oil is hot, add spoonful of batter without over crowding oil.
8. Drain on a clean kitchen towel.
9. Serve hot fritters with tomato ketchup and hot cup of tea.
1. Cabbage can be substituted.