For the international food fest at work, I baked Rose flavored cookies. I am always apprehensive about cooking anything for a generic group of people as I am not aware of their likes and dislikes. But happy to report that these cookies were an instant hit and were gone in just few seconds. I was pleasantly surprised.
I am giving the recipe for one batch. You can bake in multiple batches if you are baking for a crowd.
1/2 cup butter, unsalted and at room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp. rose jam
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
A very small pinch of salt
Edible, dry Rose petals
1. Preheat oven 350F
2. Beat butter, sugar and jam.
3. Mix flour with salt and add to the butter mixture.
4. Beat again for a minute.
5. Using clean, dry hands, knead the dough.
6. Make 15 uniform balls.
7. Place one rose petal on each ball and flatten it gently.
8. Bake for about 14-15 minutes.
9. Cook on the baking tray for 2-3 minutes.
10. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool down completely.
1. Rose Jam is available in the Middle Eastern Stores.
2. Use edible, dry rose petals from a health store.