Sunday, March 9, 2014
This is my version of Orange Fish that I had in a small local eatery in San Francisco. If you like sweet-sour flavor, you may enjoy it.
3 Tilapia fillets, rinsed, cut into chunks
1 1/2 tbsp. Orange Marmalade
1 tbsp. rice vinegar
salt & black pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp. chopped dill leaves
1/2 tsp. paprika
Few drops of toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp.. Oil for cooking
Fresh Dill or Thai Basil or Mint, chopped
1. Whisk the ingredients for marinade and set aside.
2. Rinse tilapia fillets. Cut into bite sized chunks.
3. Marinade using 1/2 of the marinade. Reserve the other half for cooking.
4. Marinate for at least an hour, preferably in a refrigerator.
5. Heat oil in a wok or saucepan.
6. Place Tilapia chunks in a single layer.
7. Let them cook, flipping once.
8. Pour the reserved marinade and let it stick to the pieces.
9. Garnish with herbs of your choice.
10. Serve with plain rice or noodles of your choice.
1. Add green chilies or Sriracha sauce in the marinade, if you prefer heat.