This is just a variation of chora daal na pooda with garlic. This pooda is made without any garlic and hence is quite plain. You can serve it with a spicy shaak or chutney to make up for the blandness.
Chora Daal na Pooda(2)
1 cup chora daal, soaked for 4 hours
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
Kanda Bataka nu shaak
and/or Lasan ni chutney
1. Soak the chora daal in adequate water for 3-4 hours.
2. Grind the drained daal adding water as necessary along with salt.
3. Adjust the consistency of the batter to resemble the dosa batter.
4. Heat a griddle or dosa pan. Pour a ladleful of batter.
5. Add a drop or two of oil. Brown on both sides.
1. Do not exceed soaking time more than 4 hours otherwise it will start stinking.