Cauliflower Rassa Bhaaji
1 medium cauliflower, cut into small florets
2 medium potatoes, peeled & chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup green peas (frozen okay)
1 cup carrot diced (frozen okay)
salt to taste
2 tsp Kolhapuri Masala (or to taste)
Grind to a fine paste
1/2 cup freshly scraped coconut
2-3 green chilies
3-4 garlic cloves
1 tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup chopped onion
Mix till no lumps
1/2 tbsp. besan/chickpea flour
1/2 cup water
1. Cut all the vegetables and set aside.
2. Mix besan with water till there are no lumps.
3. Heat oil and add all spices. As they splutter, add onions. Sauté till soft.
4. Add tomatoes and all other vegetables. Cover with a lid. Pour some water on the lid till vegetables are cooked.
5. Add coconut paste, kolhapuri masala and salt. Add 1 cup water.
6. When water starts to boil, add besan mixture. Let the gravy thickens.
7. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
1. Instead of adding carrots and green peas, just cauliflower and potatoes can be used.
2. You can make this as a dry subzi. In that case, do not add besan+water mixture. Do not add any water.