Sunday, February 2, 2014
There are two ways pomfret is stuffed - one is by coconut chutney stuffing and the other is small prawns stuffing. Today, we are going to savor pomfret stuffed with coconut chutney.
Stuffed Pomfret (1)
1 medium pomfret, cleaned, left whole
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
Grind to a fine paste
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup cilantro
3-4 green chilies or per desired heat
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp. lemon juice
salt to taste
Mix for dredging
2 tbsp. rice flour
1 tbsp. fine rawa
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chili powder
Oil for pan frying
1. Clean, rinse and pat dry the pomfret. Keep it whole.
2. Apply salt, turmeric powder and lemon juice all over the fish.
3. Grind coconut-cilantro mixture to a fine paste.
4. Stuff the mixture inside of the pomfret.
5. Dredge whole pomfret in the rice flour mixture so it's totally covered with the mixture.
6. Heat pan. Add oil for frying.
7. Place pomfret carefully.
8. Let it cook on low gas till it is crispy from both the sides.
1. Sometimes, a kitchen thread is wrapped around the pomfret so the stuffing does not come out while frying. Discard the thread before serving.
2. The same recipe can be used for 3-4 small pomfrets.