Sunday, January 12, 2014
After attempting Quinoa Khichadi based on saboodaNyachi khichdi, I attempted quinoa patties based on saboodaNyache vade. Traditionally, these sago fritters are deep fried, but I decide to shallow fry them so they were more like patties than vadas.
1 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled completely
1 big russet potato, boiled, peeled and grated
1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanut powder/daaNyache kooT
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
salt to taste
1 tsp sugar or to taste
1 tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp. grated ginger
2-3 green chilies, minced or per taste
Oil for frying
1. Cook quinoa according to the package directions. Let it cool down completely.
2. Mix grated potato, peanut powder, cilantro, lemon juice, salt and sugar.
3. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add cumin seeds, ginger and chilies. As they start spluttering, drizzle over the quinoa mixture.
4. Mix well. Make uniform balls and flatten them in the shape of patties.
5. Heat a pan. Drizzle some oil. Place the quinoa patties. Let them cook on medium low heat till they are crisp.
6. Serve with chutney or ketchup of your choice.
1. Make sure that peanut powder is coarse and not too fine.