I had a pack of frozen chopped broccoli in the freezer. I decided to make a simple talasani. It worked really well. Of course, for authentic flavor, do use coconut oil.
Broccoli Stir Fry
1 lb/16 oz. frozen, chopped broccoli (Do not thaw)
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp asafoetida
4-5 cloves of garlic, smashed or slivered
2-3 red chilies - preferably byadgi - halved
1 tbsp freshly scraped coconut
1. Heat oil in an iron kadai.
2. Add tempering ingredients. As they start sizzling, add chopped broccoli.
3. Stir fry till it is cooked. Add salt and coconut.
1. I like to use only "chopped" frozen broccoli for this recipe. I think frozen florets do not work as well.
2. I do not thaw the frozen, chopped broccoli.