Bhatura Paratha - Count(10 -12)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup whole wheat flour + 1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
2 cups all purpose flour/bread flour/maida
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
Approx. 1/2 cup plain yogurt (fatfree OK)
1. Choose any combination of flour in a big bowl. Stir in salt, baking powder and sugar. Stir to mix.
2. Adding 1 tbsp yogurt at a time, knead the above mixture to form a dough.
3. Knead till the dough does not stick to your fingers.
4. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil tightly. Keep aside for about 4 hours.
5. Make balls. Roll into circles of desired diameter and thickness.
6. Roast on a griddle or pan. After roasting both sides on the pan, roast on the open flame of the gas like fulka. It will puff up like a baloon.
Deep fry in a kadai/wok adding oil. It will puff up like a balloon.
1.Any of the roasting methods will make the flatbread balloon up.
2. This recipe gives about 10 -12 bhatura. The count will change based on the diameter and thickness of the bhaturas rolls.