Instead of using orange zest, I used orange marmalade as it was handy.
Orange Marmalade Cookie - (1 dozen cookies)
1 stick butter (at room temperature)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp. Orange Marmalade
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix in a separate bowl
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven 350F
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Add egg yolk, vanilla and orange marmalade. Mix again.
4. Mix all purpose flour and salt in a separate bowl.
5. Ad dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
6. Form a cookie dough.
7. Roll into a uniform cylinder. Wrap in a plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
8. Cut into 1/4" thick cookies. Place onto a cookie sheet.
9. Chill again for 15 minutes. Sprinkle little sugar on top.
10. Bake for 17-20 minutes.
11. Cool on the racks.
1. The original recipe uses 2 tsp. orange zest instead of orange marmalade.
2. The above recipe gave me 1 dozen cookies.
Recipe Credit -