While I was planning to make kulcha, and since I had already tried basic Kulcha, Onion Kulcha, Cheese Kulcha, Paneer Kulcha and of course, Aloo Kulcha, I was dying to make something different. I noticed some fresh green peas and I decided to make "Mutter Kulcha".
Green Peas Flatbread
1 recipe basic Kulcha dough
1 1/2 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
salt to taste
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp amchoor powder
Grind to fine paste
1 cup cilantro
3-4 cloves garlic
1" ginger, chopped
3-4 green chilies or per desired heat level.
2 tbsp. lemon juice
A pinch of sugar
1 tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Ghee/butter for roasting - if desired
1.Heat oil in a wok/kadhai. Add cumin seeds, turmeric powder and green paste.
2. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add green peas. Cover with a lid. Place water. Let it cook till soft.
4. Add salt to taste, garam masala and amchoor powder. Mix well. Set aside to cool down completely.
4. After being cooled, mash lightly.
5. Make uniform balls of stuffing as well as kulcha dough.
6. Roll each kulcha dough into a small disc. Stuff green peas mixture in the middle.
6. Brush with ghee/butter for better flavor.
1. Frozen green peas can be used. Thaw them and get rid of any excess water first.