I am going to blog some of Gudiya's favorite recipes. These recipes are not authentic but I have changed them to suit to our dietary preferences. I generally do not use chicken stock or cooking wine in our daily cooking. I used farfalle pasta for this recipe since it was available in the pantry.
Mushroom Stroganoff (serves 6 - 8)
20-25 baby portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced about 4 cups
1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
1 tbsp. + 2 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. all purpose flour
2 cups whole milk or half and half
salt to taste
4 cups raw farfalle pasta
freshly crushed black pepper to garnish
1 tbsp. minced Italian parsley
1. Cook pasta according to the package directions.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. butter in a wide saucepan.
3. Add shallots and sauté till soft.
4. Add mushrooms and sauté till they are wilted. Add salt.
5. Take mushrooms in one side of the pan. Add 2 tbsp. butter in the center of the saucepan. Add all purpose flour. Sauté till it is a shade darker.
6. Mix the mushrooms in the flour mixture.
9. Add cooked pasta. Stir well.
10. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper for garnish.
11. Garnish with chopped Italian parsley - if desired.
1. Let there be little moisture in the sauce. Do not make it too thick.