Gudiya loves mild chicken curries. I had bookmarked this cashew chicken recipe from Hawkins Recipe booklet. If you don't have cashews, raw almonds work well too.
Murgi ma Kaaju
Cashew Chicken Curry
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
1 tbsp. paprika
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp. water
Marinate chicken with -
Above red paste
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1/3 cup unsalted raw cashew or almonds
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup minced onion
You will also need
salt to taste
1 tbsp. tomato ketchup
1. Marinate chicken pieces with red paste. Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
3. Add sugar. As it caramelizes, add onions and sauté till they are brown but not burnt.
4. Add marinated chicken along with the marinade. Sauté for 10 minutes.
5. Add cashew paste and 1 cup water. Bring to boil.
6. Close the lid and pressure cook for about 3 whistles.
7. Open the lid after the pressure drops. Add salt and ketchup.
8. Simmer till it has a thick gravy.
1. Raw almonds can be substituted for cashews.
Recipe credit -