1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour or bread flour
1 1/2 cup Wheat Flour
1 cup yogurt
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp. Nigella seeds
2 tbsp. minced cilantro
1. Mix both flours with salt and baking powder.
2. Adding spoonful yogurt at a time, knead the dough. Use yogurt as needed.
3. Add oil and knead again till the dough no longer sticks to your hands.
4. Cover and let it rest for at least 1/2 hour.
5. Make uniform balls and roll into thick circles.
6. Sprinkle nigella seeds and cilantro - if using.
7. Roast on a hot tawa on both sides.
8. Brush little ghee/butter if desired.
1. I have made these kulchas by using entire whole wheat flour and without using all purpose flour.