Thursday, December 19, 2013
As mentioned last time, this was the second recipe I tried from Racheal Ray Magazine. It has a delicious "American Desi" flavor. It does not have "tea" but it has chai masala in it.
Chai Spiced Cookies
1 stick butter (at room temperature)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Mix in a separate bowl
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1/4 tsp ginger powder
2 tbsp. gold sanding sugar
1. Preheat oven 350 F
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Add egg yolk, vanilla seeds or extract. Beat again.
4. Mix all purpose flour, salt and spices in a separate bowl.
5. Add dry mixture to the wet mixture to form a cookie dough.
6. Roll into a uniform cylinder. Wrap in a plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigetator for 1 hour.
7. Cut into 1/4" cookies.
8. Place onto a cookie sheet. Chill again for 15 minutes.
9. Sprinkle gold sanding sugar. Bake for 17-20 minutes.
10. Cool on the cooling racks.
1. You may frost the cookie depending on your choice.