Tuesday, November 12, 2013
This recipe is inspired by the Costco Connection issue. I didn't use any meat to suit to out palette.
Jumbo Stuffed Shells
15-16 Jumbo shells
1 jar marinara sauce (readymade ok)
2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
15 oz ricotta cheese
salt and pepper
1 tbsp. olive oil
A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbsp. minced onions
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 tbsp. minced fresh basil leaves
1 tbsp. minced fresh Italian parsley
Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Thaw spinach and squeeze out all the moisture. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes, onion, garlic. Sauté till onion is soft.
3. Add spinach and sauté for few minutes till it is cooked. Switch off the gas. Set aside to cool down.
4. Mix ricotta cheese with egg, salt and pepper.
5. Add cooled spinach mixture. Mix well. This is your stuffing.
6. Meanwhile, cook jumbo pasta according to the packet instructions.
7. Stuff each pasta shell with ricotta-spinach mixture.
8. Spread some marinara sauce on the bottom of a deep baking tray - I use Pyrex glass baking tray.
9. Place stuffed shells on top.
10. Spread remaining marinara sauce on top.
11. Preheat oven 350 F.
12. Cover baking tray with Aluminum foil. Bake for about 40 minutes.
13. Garnish with basil and parsley.
14. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese if desired.
1. I like Mur Glenn brand Marinara sauce.