I am celebrating two star performers from my backyard kitchen garden - cucumber and dill.
This spring, I planted Armenian Cucumber. I don't think I have had this vegetable before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't see any fruit for the longest time, although tiny yellow flowers bloomed every day. One day while picking some mint, I happen to check at the back side of this cucumber plant and I was astonished to see this huge Armenian Cucumber. [See the picture below]
1 cucumber, peeled & grated
1 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1 clove garlic, peeled & mashed/grated
Salt to taste
A pinch of sugar
A generous pinch of black pepper powder, freshly ground
2-3 sprigs of fresh dill, roughly chopped
1. In a mini-food processor, whip Greek yogurt with salt, garlic, sugar and black pepper powder.
2. Pour in a mixing bowl.
3. Squeeze water out of the grated cucumber.
4. Add to the yogurt mixture.
5. Garnish with fresh dill.
1. I sometimes also add grated zucchini to the above mixture.
2. Add grated cucumber to the yogurt mixture, right before serving otherwise it will make the sauce too watery.