Thursday, October 17, 2013
I had discovered this recipe at the "Cooking Light" website and since then it has become one of my "go to" pasta recipes. I have modified the recipe. Angel Hair Pasta works the best for this recipe.
Roasted Tomato Pasta
1/2 packet Angel Hair Pasta
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
4 cups cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
10 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 tbsp fresh Italian Basil, shredded
1 tbsp fresh Italian Parsley, shredded
1. Oil your baking dish using cooking spray. Mix tomatoes, oil and garlic cloves and spread in a single layer on the baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven (400F) for 20 minutes.
2. Cook Angel Hair Pasta according to the packet instructions. Set aside.
3. With a back of a spatula or spoon, crush the roasted garlic cloves. Add cooked pasta to the tomato mixture to coat evenly.
4. Add salt, black pepper.
5. Garnish with minced fresh herbs, just before serving.
1. Do not use curly parsley for this recipe. Use flat leaf Italian parsley.
2. If you love spicier version, sprinkle crushed red pepper on the individual serving bowl.
3. Angel hair pasta takes much less cooking time than other pasta. Cook accordingly.
Italian Flat Leaf Parsley