Kale with Indian Cottage Cheese
16 oz frozen Kale, thawed, pressure cooked
salt to taste
1 tbsp coriander-cumin powder
1/2 tbsp Punjabi Garam Masala
1/2 tsp chile powder
1 cup paneer cubes
2 tbsp oil
2" piece of cinnamon
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1. Pressure cook thawed kale, adding adequate water. Let it cool down. Grind to a fine paste. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a kadai or wok. Add spices. Saute for 1 minute. Add ginger-garlic paste. Saute for 2 minutes. Add onions, saute till it is soft. Now, add tomatoes. Saute till tomatoes are mushy.
3. Add coriander-cumin powder, garam masala and chile powder.
4. Add kale paste and salt to taste. Add water if needed but the curry should have thick consistency.
5. Add paneer cubes. Simmer for 15 minutes on low flame.
Kulcha or Rumali Roti
1. For richer taste, deep or shallow fry paneer cubes before adding to the curry. I do not bother to dry paneer.