I am sharing a simple Gujarati flatbread with spices today. No more description, a busy work week ahead!!;-)
Talwala Masala Thepla - Count 12
1 1/2 cup wheat flour
1 tbsp ginger-garlic-green chili paste
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
2 tsp coriander-cumin powder
1 tbsp finely minced cilantro
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mild chili powder
salt to taste
A pinch of asafoetida
1 tbsp oil
Rice flour for dredging
Oil for roasting
Chhundo/Sweet mango pickle
1. Mix all the dry ingredients. Add water gingerly and knead into a dough. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Make 12 uniform balls.
3. Roll into thin discs using rice flour for dredging.
4. Heat griddle or tawa. Roast each disc till brown spots appear on both the sides. Add oil as needed for roasting.
5. Save in a clean kitchen napkin till ready to serve.
1. A spoonful of sugar can also be added to the flour mixture.