My mom makes this simple koshimbeer with white radish. It goes very well with the daily meal.
Daikon Radish Salad
1 white radish, peeled & grated
1 cup plain yogurt
2-3 green chilies, chopped (increase or decrease the quantity per taste)
1 tsp sugar
salt to taste
1/2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1. Peel and grate radish.
2. Mix chilies, sugar and salt. Traditionally, this mixing is done by hand.
3. Add it to the radish.
4. Stir in yogurt.
5. Heat oil in a small saucepan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
6. Drizzle over the salad. Mix and serve.
1. Traditionally, after grating the radish, it is squeezed to remove any excess moisture. I don't bother to do this step.
2. Generally my mom uses ghee/toop/clarified butter for tempering this salad.