1. Broil, grill or roast eggplant. Remove the outer charred peels. Discard the stem. Mash the eggplant pulp and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add minced onion and turmeric powder. Saute till onion is soft.
3. Add green masala paste. Saute for about 10-12 minutes on medium flame.
4. Now, add mogri - radish string beans. Add 2 tbsp water. Cover with a lid and cook till mogries are cooked.
5. Add eggplant pulp, coriander-cumin powder and salt to taste.
6. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Switch off the gas. Just before serving, heat oil in another small saucepan. Add garlic and saute till it changes a shade darker. Switch off the gas. Add chile powder.
8. Drizzle tempered oil over the eggplant.
9. Garnish with cilantro.
1. Although, authentically speaking, only purple string beans are used in this recipe, you may substitute green radish string beans if they are available.
2. A word of caution - this vegetable has a very pungent flavor and smell. This may be an acquired taste.