My grandmother's Mirchiche LoNche was very popular within the family and friends. Unfortunately, I never tasted it. But I try to recreate the same magic , carefully following her recipe. Needless to say, it's spicy and pungent. It's Chile pickle after all. So please take care not to overeat.
Mirchiche LoNache (2)
Long green chilies, cut into 1" pieces about 3 cup
3/4 - 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tbsp salt or to taste
Roast and powder
1/4 cup mustard seeds
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/3 cup oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp turmeric powder
1. Rinse and dry long chilies. Remove stems. Cut into 1" pieces.
2. Mix in salt and set aside.
3. Roast mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds, separately.
3. Powder them in a small mixie.
4. Now, add 3/4 cup lemon juice to the mixie container and again grind it.
5. Pour above mixture over the green chilies. Mix well.
6. If needed you can add additional lemon juice.
7. Heat oil in a small saucepan. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder. Let it sizzle. Switch off the gas. Do not add to the pickle as yet. Let the tempered oil cool down completely.
8. Now, add it to the Chile mixture. Mix well and set aside.
9. Let it marinate for at least a day.
11. Now, you can taste the pickle. But it will taste better after 3-4 days.
1. Refrigerate the pickle and use within 2 months.