Tuesday, July 9, 2013
These days, working from home is the norm everywhere. Sometimes, mostly on Fridays, both hubby and I work from home. Mostly we finish up previous day's leftovers for lunch on such days. But every once in a while, we come across a crisis of no leftovers. One such fateful day, this "wrap" was created. It was really no biggie but it came together pretty well so thought of sharing it here.
Superquick Vegetable Frankie
Vegetable wrap - Mumbai style
2 Whole Foods Whole Wheat Tortilla
2 Chickpea Spinach burgers
4 leaves of Boston Bib or any lettuce
1 small tomato, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
A pinch of Amchoor powder or few drops of freshly squeezed lemon
A generous pinch of Chaat Masala
A quick squirt of tomato ketchup
Few drops of hot sauce such as Sriracha
1. Heat whole wheat tortillas on cast iron pan on a low flame. They should have brown spots but should not be too crisp to wrap.
2. Heat up veggie burgers per packet instructions. Slice them to bite sized pieces.
3. Place one tortilla on a clean and dry surface. Line up lettuce leaves on the tortilla.
4. Place veggie burgers, chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro.
5. Garnish with amchoor powder or lemon juice, chaat masala, ketchup and hot sauce - if using.
6. Wrap the tortilla, using toothpicks if necessary.
1. If you have tamarind-date chutney in thr fridge, bring it on!
2. I love Whole Foods whole wheat tortilla. For some reason, I am not too happy with their "Organic Whole Wheat tortilla" as I have noticed that the tortillas are stuck to each other. But their "Whole Wheat Tortilla" without "Organic" prefix is the one I generally use.
3. I used Veggi PatchSpinach chickpea Burger , generally available at Costco.