I have seen or read about watermelon granita in the various food magazines. Watermelon and simple syrup are processed and frozen for about an hour. It is then scraped using a fork and re-frozen again. This scraped watermelon ice is served which goes by the name "Watermelon Granita". I have seen some variations like addition of mint, lime or even alcohol.
My version is inspired by my MIL's watermelon-rose flavored mocktails.
Rose Watermelon Granita
3 cups juicy red watermelon chunks
1/2 cup rose syrup such as Rooh Afza or Dabur
1. Process watermelon chunks with rose syrup in a blender or food processor. Do not add any water.
2. Pour in a freezer safe glass baking pan.
3. Freeze for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Scrape the semi-frozen "watermelon ice" with a fork.
5. Re-freeze again for another hour or so.
6. Scrape again with the fork.
7. Serve in a bowl.
1. Depending on the sweetness of watermelon, you may need to change the quantity of rose syrup.