Thursday, July 11, 2013
Mexican Fiesta bowls are like "katories" that we use for the katori chaat. But they are big enough to hold the entire salad. Deep Fried salad bowls are readily available on the shelves of the supermarket but if you have these baking bowls, then you can easily bake tortillas or chapaties and mold them into these bowl shapes. I even use these bowls to serve Indian Chaat items like Bhel
Mexican Fiesta Bowl
4 Wheat or White Tortilla
2 baking bowls
Oil spray such as Pam
1 recipe Black beans
2 cups Shredded iceberg lettuce
1/4 cup Finely minced onion
1/4 cup Finely minced tomatoes
2 tbsp Finely minced cilantro
1 Avocado, pitted and chopped
A spoonful of Salsa per bowl
Shredded Mexican cheese(optional)
A dollop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt(Optional)
1. Follow this recipe to make black beans. Let them cool down.
2. Preheat oven 400F. Spray oil over the baking bowls. Prick tortillas with a fork so they don't puff up during baking.
3. Line the tortillas around the baking bowls and bake for about 10 minutes or so till they look brown and crispy.
4. Layer the tortilla bowl with shredded lettuce, black beans, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, avocado.
5. Garnish with salsa, shredded Mexican cheese and a dollop of sour cream or yogurt if using.
1. You can serve any salad or even chaat in these tortilla bowls. They are baked and not fried.
2. Serve immediately after stuffing with lettuce and beans else they will turn very soggy.