Just a few years ago, I used to associate chia seeds as the seeds used for making those cute chia pets. and now, all of a sudden, they are considered as the nutritional powerhouse. These seeds plump up after soaking in the water. They remind me of our "subja" or "takmaria" seeds. and thus I decided to make my Chia seeds icecream on the lines of Falooda.
Chia Seeds "Falooda" Icecream
2 cups whole/full fat milk - preferably organic
1 cup heavy cream
Whisk till no lumps
2 tbsp corn starch + 1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds (or up to 1/4 cup)
3 tbsp Rooh Afza or Dabur Rose Syrup
1/2 - 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1. Soak chia seeds in the water till they plump up.
2. Mix full fat milk, heavy cream and condensed milk on a medium flame. Add corn starch mixture, whisking till there are no lumps. Switch off the gas. Let it cool down completely.
3. Add Rose syrup. Adjust for more sugar if needed.
4. Add soaked, drained chia seeds. Pour in a freezer safe glass pan. Freeze in the refrigerator till the mixture thickens.
5. Scoop out & enjoy!
1. Rooh Afza or Dabur Rose Syrup is available at the local Indian stores.
2. You can increase the amount of Chia seeds in this recipe per your liking.