This is the traditional method of making radish flatbreads. My earlier version was a quick fix where I knead all the ingredients together.
Mooli Ke Parathe(2)
For the stuffing
1 1/4 cup grated radish
2 tbsp grated onion
1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp ajwain/ajowan/owa
salt to taste
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp minced green chilies
1 tsp pomegranate seeds powder or amchoor powder
1 tbsp besan/chickpea flour
For the Dough
2 cups wheat flour
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
water as needed
Oil for roasting
flour for dredging
0. Mix wheat flour and salt. Adding water as needed, knead to a smooth dough. Add oil and knead again. Cover and set aside for at least 1/2 hour.
1. Squeeze water out of grated radish and onion.
2. Mix all the remaining ingredients and set aside.
3. Make about 9 - 12 uniform balls of the dough. Make the same number of the stuffing mixture.
4. Heat tawa/pan. Roll out a disc using flour for dredging. Add the stuffing and bring the ends of the disc together to form a ball. Dredge in flour and roll into a thick paratha.
5. Roast the paratha on the hot tawa, adding oil as needed. Cook on both sides till brown spots appear.
6. Keep in an aluminum foil till all the parathas are rolled out and roasted.
7. Serve with raita and pickle of your choice.
1. Do not make stuffing ready too much in advance as it will get soggy.