Sole fillets are delicate and they taste delicious. I use the same method and preparation as our usual fish fry.
Pan fried Sole Fillets
4-6 Sole fillets, preferably fresh
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
1/2 tsp asafoetida
2 tbsp rawa
2 tbsp rice flour
A pinch of salt
Oil for pan frying
1. Marinate the sole fillets with salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida and chili powder.
2. Set aside for 15 minutes. Refrigerate till ready to use.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Dredge each fillet in rawa, rice flour and salt mixture.
5. Pan fry till crispy on both sides, adding oil as necessary.
1. Fresh sole fillets are preferred. If using frozen, make sure that they are completely thawed.
2. You can add ginger-garlic-green chili paste for marinating the fillets for an extra flavor.