In the month of May, we celebrate "Teachers Appreciation Week" at Gudiya's school. Every day - during that week - our kiddos do something special for their beloved teachers. I was one of the volunteers for making desserts. We made lemon cupcakes following a super easy, semi-homemade recipe. This recipe called for a lemony-lime soda, which reminded me of a recipe my aunt used to follow to make eggless versions of the cake. My aunt used Thums Up for making Eggless Chocolate Cake, Goldspot for making Orange Cake and Limca for making a lemon cake!:-D
Our Lemon cupcake recipe, by no means, was eggless but the addition of lime soda (Think 7-up/Sprite and such!) made the cupcakes very light. This recipe gave us 24 cupcakes and 12 mini/tiny cupcakes.
1 pack Lemon Cake Mix
1 pack (3.4 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs, preferably at room temperature
1 cup Lime-Lemony Carbonated drink such as 7-up/Sprite/Limca etc.
Lemon Frosting of your choice.
1 tbsp lemon zest
1. Preheat oven 325 F. Line up cupcake liners along the cupcake tray.
2. Mix cake mix and pudding mix.
3. Add vegetable oil, eggs - one at a time, lime-lemon soda. Using electric mixer, beat it till the batter is ready.
4. Pour the batter in the cupcake liners.
5. Bake for about 18 - 20 minutes. Make sure that they are baked well by inserting a toothpick in the middle of a cupcake. It should come out clean.
6. Let the cupcakes cool down completely. Bake the next batch.
7. When all the cupcakes are ready and have completely cooled down, frost them using your favorite frosting. We used Duncan Heines Lemon Frosting.
8. Garnish with some grated lemon zest on top.
1. We used Duncan Heins brand for this recipe.