Sunday, April 14, 2013
One of Gudiya's favorites!
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cut into small bite sized pieces
1 tsp orange zest
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp paprika
Few dashes of Soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp Chinese All spice powder
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
salt to taste
1 tbsp sugar (or as needed)
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1/2 tbsp orange marmalade(optional)
1 tbsp corn starch
Chopped greens of scallions/spring onions
Plain Rice (preferably Jasmine Rice)
1. Marinate chicken with the ingredients.
2. Heat sesame oil in a wok.
3. Fry chicken pieces with marinade. Cook till chicken is soft and the liquid evaporates completely.
4. Add whisked mixture. Stir till a sauce is formed.
5. Garnish with scallions greens.
6. Serve with plain rice.
1. In order to avoid deep frying, I add chicken pieces with marinade and let it cook till the liquid evaporates. For richer version, you can deep fry these chicken pieces. In that case, shake off the excess marinade and deep fry till crisp.