Sunday, March 10, 2013
Sweet Corn Soup is my all time favorite Indo-Chinese soup. I prefer mine to be a vegetarian soup but I do make Sweet Corn chicken Soup for my family.
Sweet Corn Chicken Soup
2 cans of sweet corn creamed style
1 cup water
1 cup white corn
2 tbsp green beans, 1 tbsp carrots, 1 tbsp red pepper - minced
1 tbsp corn starch
1/2 cup water
Shredded rotisserie chicken 1 tbsp per serving
Green Chilies in Vinegar
1. Bring creamed style sweet corn, white corn, water and vegetables to boil.
2. Add salt to taste.
3. Whisk corn starch and water. Pour in the boiling soup to thicken it.
4. Whisk an egg in a bowl. Place a sieve/strainer over the boiling soup. Keep gas low. Pour the egg mixture through the strainer and keep stirring with other hand. This will form the "threads".
5. Serve soup in an individual bowls. Top each bowl with shredded rotisserie chicken.
1. If desired, use only white part of the egg.
2. Do not use egg and chicken, to make a completely vegetarian/vegan version.