Monday, March 11, 2013
We love PF Chang's Lettuce wraps with tofu. So I experimented it at home. For crunchier taste, you can fry (deep or shallow) tofu pieces.
PF Chang Style Lettuce Wraps with Tofu
1 iceberg lettuce, rinsed, drained and cut into a wedge
1 block (14oz) extra firm tofu, diced
2 tbsp each minced red bell pepper, water chestnuts, celery
1/4 cup Hoison sauce
1/2 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp Tamari or Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp sugar
salt to taste
1/4 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp grated garlic
1. Drain water from tofu by wrapping between 2-3 sheets of paper towel and placing a weight on top. After removing excess water, dice the tofu pieces. [You can deep or shallow fry these pieces if you like]
2. Heat oil in a saucepan or wok. Add ginger and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add minced vegetables. Saute for 3 minutes or so, making sure that they are not overcooked.
4. Add tofu pieces. Saute for 1 minute.
5. Add marinade and stir fry for 5 minutes.
6. Serve with iceberg lettuce wedge and Maggie sweet chili sauce.
7. Garnish with spring onions greens.
1. Make sure that ginger and garlic are finely grated or ground.
2. For crunchier taste, drain all the liquid from tofu and fry it.