Friday, February 1, 2013
Mom used to make this simple bhaaji for lunchbox (dabba) sometimes. I used to look forward to this bhaaji. But once my lunchbox days in Mumbai were over, I hardly ate this bhaaji again. Just the other day, I suddenly remembered this bhaaji. So decided to make it myself. This bhaaji also makes a wonderful filling for the toasted sandwiches.
Onion-Potato Stir Fry
6-7 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
2 medium onions, peeled & chopped
1 tsp chili powder
salt to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
2 1/2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Add onion and saute till it is transparent. Add turmeric powder.
2. Add potatoes. and saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Cover with a lid and let it cook on the lowest heat for about 25 minutes.
4. Add chili powder, salt, sugar and cover again and cook on the lowest heat for about 20 or so more minutes or till the potatoes are cooked.
1. You can add some pav bhaaji masala, Kumta Masala or Garam Masala to enhance the flavor of this basic bhaaji.
2. This proportion serves 4-6 people.