Saturday, February 9, 2013
Dates are used as a natural sweetener for this pudding. Try it and you won't miss sugar.
Date & Walnut Pudding
1/3 cup Medjool Dates approx 7 - 9, deseeded
2 cups milk
2 tbsp walnuts
1 tbsp cocoa powder
few drops of vanilla extract/essence
1 tbsp or 1 envelope Knox gelatin
1. Soak dates in 1 cup milk for about 4-5 hours.
2. Grind dates & milk mixture with walnuts, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
3. Boil remaining 1 cup milk.
4. Pour the boiling milk over unflavored gelatin powder. Add date-milk mixture and whisk till there are no lumps of gelatin.
5. Pour in 4 serving bowls. Refrigerate and let it set for about 2 hours.
6. Serve chilled.
1. Use full fat milk for richer taste.
2. For sweeter taste, use 2 tbsp - 1/4 cup sugar or per your preference. In that case, grind it with date-milk mixture.