I spotted "Steamed Ready to eat clams with Garlic Butter" at Trader Joe's. I thought of using it and making my all time favorite simple stir fry.
Stir Fried Clams
1 lb Steamed Ready to eat clams with Garlic Butter [Trader Joe's Frozen section]
salt to taste [the clams are ready to eat so they already have salt]
2-4 kokums rinsed
2 tsp malvani masala or per taste
1/4 cup freshly scraped coconut
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 tbsp grated garlic
1/4 cup cilantro
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1. Thaw the clams in a refrigerator. I discarded garlic butter but it can be used as well.
2. Heat oil in a deep saucepan. Add sugar and then stir in onion and garlic. Saute till onion is golden brown.
3. Add cilantro and turmeric powder. Stir fry for 1 minute.
4. Now add thawed clams, kokums, Malvani masala and coconut.
5. Adjust salt.
6. Serve with Rice Flatbread/Tandlachi Bhakri.
1. Cilantro is used in this recipe as a cooking ingredient and not just as a garnish. It lends a beautiful flavor.