Ravyacha Cake is one of the most commonly made eggless cake in the Maharashtrian kitchens. It has a typical "home baked" quality to it, which I enjoy the most. I have already blogged about variations of this cake - Kelyacha Dhondus, Cucumber Dhondus.
My aunt used to bake this cake in her Nirlep pan. Later she started baking it in the circular oven that was very popular in India in 80s. Whenever I bake this cake today, it takes me to those lovely childhood days.
Eggless Semolina Cake
2 cups rava/semolina
1 cup milk
1 cup yogurt
1 tsp clarified butter/ghee
1 - 1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt (optional)
Few Drops of Vanilla essence
1/2 tsp cardamom powder + few strands of saffron
1 tbsp Doodh Masala
1. Mix all the ingredients and cover and set aside for at least 1 - 2 hours.
2. Grease a baking pan. Pour th mixture.
3. Preheat oven 350F
4. Bake for 30 -35 minutes or till the cake is evenly baked.
5. Let it cool down. Cut into squares and enjoy!
1. You can increase the amount of sugar based on your preference.
2. For flavor, you can use cardamom powder or vanilla essence/extract or doodh masala.
3. I used fine rava for this cake.