Kolhapuri Anda Masala
Kolhapuri Egg Curry
6 Baby Potatoes
salt to taste
Roast* and Grind
1/2 cup fresh coconut*
2 1/2 tbsp white sesame seeds/Teel*
1/4 cup sliced onion*
4-5 cloves garlic*
1" ginger - do not roast
1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro - do not roast
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp finely chopped onion
You will also need
1 tsp mild chili powder
1 tsp to 1 tbsp Kolhapuri Masala
1 tbsp minced cilantro/coriander leaves
Chapati/bread or Rice
1. Hard-boil eggs. Peel and cut them into halves.
2. Boil baby potatoes. Peel and cut them into halves.
3. Roast coconut, onion, sesame seeds and garlic one after the other adding oil as needed. You will not need any oil for roasting coconut. Do not roast ginger and cilantro
4. Grind roasted ingredients with chili powder and Kolhapuri Masala.
5. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add onion and turmeric powder. Stir fry till onion is soft.
6. Add ground masala and saute for 10 minutes.
7. Add 2 cups of water and salt to taste. Bring to boil.
8. As the curry boils, switch gas to low and add eggs, potato gently.
9. Let the curry simmer for at least 10 minutes or till desired consistency is reached.
10. Garnish with cilantro -just before serving.
1. This curry can also be made as a very dry curry. It goes by the name "Masala Anda". If making dry/thick curry, serve it with Ghadichi PoLi. If making as a currry with thin consistency, serve with pav/bread. Crusty ciabatta goes really well with the thin curry.