Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Grilled Cheese Sandwich

 
 
Among Gudiya's most favorite foods, probably grilled cheese sandwich (along with Mac n' Cheese) tops the list. My mom used to add a little onion and chili for flavor. I also added some grated cabbage and carrot to sneak in some veggies.
 
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Ingredients
4 Whole Wheat or White Sandwich Bread Slices
Butter - preferably Amul for that magical Childhood taste;-)
 
Stuffing
2 tbsp grated cheese such as Mozzarella (Again, use Amul cheese for nostalgia!)
1 tbsp finely grated cabbage
1 tbsp finely grated carrot
1/2 tbsp minched red onion (optional)
1 green chili, minced (optional)
1/2 tbsp minced cilantro
 
Method
1. Butter two slices of breads.
2. Carefully, place the cheese stuffing.
3. Place in your sandwich maker so that the buttered sides are outside.
4. Toast according to the instructions.
 
Note -
1. This is a very fuss free recipe. Use your own proportions for vegetables.
2. Serve with creamy tomato soup.
Old Faithful!!:-)

These days I use my electrical sandwich maker when making those toasted/grilled sandwiches. Twin sandwiches get ready at the same time with a diagonal perforation. But still, a glance at my old sandwich maker takes me back to my childhood. Mom used to make many grilled sandwiches using the above sandwich maker. (eggs, kheema, cheese, veggies, potato). My most favorite used to be the one with batatavada stuffing.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs